Head of Department: Mrs. R. Read
HOD Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. J. Hurst is covering Mrs. Read's maternity leave. Mrs. Hurst's email is email@example.com.
PSHEE is an essential element of the curriculum at Gilbert Inglefield Academy. In this complex and challenging world, PSHEE lessons aim to support students by helping them to:
- Live safe, healthy, and enjoyable lives;
- Grow and develop; not only as individuals, but also as members of society in general;
- Become fulfilled, productive, and responsible;
- Form and maintain good relationships;
- Make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others;
- Clarify their own values and attitudes, and gain knowledge and understanding of those of other people;
- Build their personal identities and self esteem;
PSHEE covers topics in years 5-8 in increasing depth including:
- Well being and emotional health;
- Physical activity;
- Food and nutrition;
- Sex and relationships;
- Drug education;
- Fire and road safety;
- Careers and personal finance;
- Caring for the environment.
PSHEE is taught as a separate subject in Key Stage 2.
In Key Stage 3, PSHEE and RE are combined to form E4L (Education for Life).