Free School Meals
You can apply for free school meals for your child if you receive a qualifying benefit.
What are the qualifying benefits?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you believe your child may be eligible for free school meals but have not yet applied,
please do so as soon as possible because it can help the school to pay for additional provision for your child through Pupil Premium funding.