Free School Meals
You can apply for free school meals for your child if you receive a qualifying benefit.
What are the qualifying benefits?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
If you believe your child may be eligible for free school meals but have not yet applied,
please do so as soon as possible because it can help the school to pay for additional provision for your child through Pupil Premium funding.