Acceptable Use of ICT
Below is a copy of the school's Student ICT Acceptable Use Policy which may be found on page 13 of your student planner. The policy will be explained to and discussed with you in your computing lessons. You and your parents will be asked to sign the policy to show you have both understood and accept it.
STUDENT ICT ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- I will only use ICT systems in school, including the internet, email, digital video, mobile technologies, etc., for school purposes.
- I will use the ICT equipment in school with respect and care.
- I will not download or install software on school technologies.
- I will only log on to the school network/ learning platform with my own user name and password.
- I will not reveal my passwords to anyone and will change them regularly.
- I will use responsible and sensible language in all my ICT communications.
- I will not give out any personal information such as my name, phone number or address on the Internet.
- I will not take images of pupils and staff unless I have express permission from school staff and it is for school purposes. I will not distribute any images outside the school network.
- I will ensure that my online activity, both in school and outside school, will not cause distress or embarrassment to my school, or any member of the school community.
- I will not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community.
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work online at all times.
- I will not attempt to bypass the internet filtering system or any other security features.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my teacher or another member of staff.
- If the school suspects that I am using the system for criminal purposes or for storing unlawful text, imagery or sound, the matter will be brought to the attention of the relevant authorities.
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied, my computer rights revoked and my parent/carer contacted.
I have read and understood and agree to comply with this policy.
Signed by student: ___________________________________ Date:_________________
We have read and understand this policy and have discussed it with our child.
Signed by parent/carer: ________________________________ Date:_________________
Parent/carer’s name: __________________________________________________________